National Institute of Ophthalmic Sciences
The National Institute of Ophthalmic Sciences (NIOS) established in 1997, is the academic arm of THONEH. It continues to be a centre of excellence in Ophthalmic Sciences producing holistic professional undergraduates and post graduates able to adapt to the global challenges facing the healthcare profession.
- NIOS is the only hospital-based institution in Malaysia offering optometry and healthcare business related courses.
- It is strategically located next to THONEH providing students access to full fledged practical clinics.
- NIOS emphasises on quality and affordability as well as employability of our graduates.
- NIOS has and continues to build a strong reputation for quality partnerships via industrial engagements, community services and placements.
NIOS student financing arrangement
- The objective of this arrangement is to provide financial assistance to students wanting to pursue studies at the National Institute of Ophthalmoic Sciences (NIOS).
- This service provides NIOS a secondary student recruiting method to achieve its objective of achieving a University College status in the near future.
- This sponsorship will be offered to visually challenge persons and/or their family members.
Visit the NIOS website to find out more.