THONEH’s diagnostic centre provides state-of- the art technology and equipment to enhance diagnosis and management of ophthalmological disorders. The staff of the centre undergo continuous training to upgrade knowledge and expertise.
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Used to assess the thickness of nerve fibres of the optic disc and layers of the retina.
- The measurements enable the consultants to detect early changes in the optic nerve and progression of diseases affecting it and the retina.
Visual Field Analyser
- Used to detect early nerve damage and progress of vision deterioration.
- An important diagnostic tool for certain conditions such as:
- General screening
- Early glaucoma
- Ophtho-neurological conditions
- Specialised photographic equipment that enable capturing various eye conditions for detailed assessment and diagnosis.
- Fundus photography uses a specialised equipment that captures images of the inner eye.
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA) and Indocyanine green (ICG) use particular dyes to enable consultants accurately diagnose and assess the blood vessels and identify damaged or diseased sites in the retina.
Photography of various eye conditions are also taken for documentation and for teaching purposes (all images taken are with the consent of patients).
Colour Vision Test
- Specialised equipment that can detect subtle defects in colour vision.
THONEH’s Galilei Topography System utilizes a combination of rotational dual Scheimpflug technology and conventional Placido disc mechanism to provide a very comprehensive assessment of the shape of the cornea within a very short time.
This diagnostic procedure is performed for:-
- Screening for suitability for refractive surgery
- Screening and monitoring of progression of corneal conditions such as keratoconus and pellucid marginal degeneration
- Monitoring outcome of corneal procedures such as corneal transplant, intrastomal corneal ring implant, and cross-linking
- Initial assessment for specialty contact lenses such Rose-K and Ortho-K
- Screening for corneal edema for suspected cases of glaucoma
Anterior Segment OCT
Anterior Segment OCT provides cross-sectional scan of the front part of the eye. Using advanced infra-red technology this diagnostic procedure will provide the specialist valuable clinical data in:
- Managing glaucoma
- Treating corneal diseases
- Refractive surgery planning
- Monitoring outcome of corneal procedures
Ocular Response Analyzer
Ocular Response Analyzer (ORA) is an indispensible tool in the assessment of intra-ocular pressure (IOP). Its contactless method allows for assessment on eye that otherwise a conventional method of measuring IOP is contra-indicated.
- Management of glaucoma
- Assessment of IOP on distorted or deformed cornea
- Assessment of IOP on a recently operated cornea
- Assessment of suitability for refractive surgeries
Konan Specular Microscopy System is a non-invasive, non-contact diagnostic tool that provides high definition image and comprehensive analysis of corneal endothelial cells and its morphology. It is an indispensible tool in:
- Monitoring corneal edema (swelling of the cornea)
- Monitoring outcome of anterior segment treatment or procedure
- Assessing integrity of donor cornea
- Planning for surgical procedure