Why choose Bachelor of Science in Optometry ?
Optometry is the primary eye care profession dedicated for care of the most treasured of human senses - Vision. It is a dynamic health care profession which provides a wide range of interesting, rewarding and challenging career opportunities. The profession provides an intellectually stimulating career with a humanitarian role in today's society.
What is the career prospect for Optometrists ?
The B.S. Optometry course creates a whole new field of opportunity for those seeking a profession in eye-care. This basic degree in Optometry will also help the candidate to pursue Master's & PhD programmes in Optometry & Vision Science.
Employment Opportunities: The B.S. Optometry Degree will open the door for employment in Hospital, Private Clinics, Eye care Industries. The graduates can also work as a Clinical tutor and Academic staff in Private colleges and Universities.
Higher Education: Graduates can also pursue Higher Education (MSc, PhD, OD degrees) in Malaysia and Overseas in countries like USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
What is the advantages of studying in THONEH and National Institute of Ophthalmic Sciences (NIOS) ?
1. NIOS is the Academic arm The Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital (THONEH)
2. Course approved by The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), and The Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) reference #PA 7179
3. International recognized qualification
4. The syllabus for the Bachelor of Science in Optometry (B.S.Optometry) is in accordance with the curriculum offered by Elite School of Optometry, in collaboration with Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, India
5. Hospital-based training provides students with in-house clinical facilities
6. State-of-the-art academic facilities
7. Fully equipped resource centre
8. Quality teaching methods
9. Flexible payment plans
10. Lecturers & Professors from The National Institute of Ophthalmic Sciences (NIOS)
11. Consultant Ophthalmologists and Optometrists from The Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital
12. Visiting Lecturers and Professors
LOAN - School of Optometry
1. PTPTN Loan:
Students can apply for the PTPTN loan, which would assist you in paying the tuition fees for the 4-year optometry degree programme.
2. Bank Study Loan:
Students can also avail Education Loans from the following banks.
i. Bank Rakyat
ii. CIMB Bank
iii. May Bank
3. Scholarships & Loans:
In addition students can also apply for the following Scholarship & Loan (Government & NGO's).
1. EPF Withdrawal Scheme
2. Maju Institute of Education Development
3. Malaysian Community Education Foundation (AK Foundation)
4. KLSCCCI Education Fund